Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Spooky--Ghoulish

Hello crafty friends!

I would like to say hello and welcome to my newest followers, and a huge thank you to all that have left wonderful comments on my blog!  Your sweet comments really make my day!

I have a creepy place in my backyard where the faucet for the outdoor garden hoses is located. This area has really been neglected over the summer, and it's getting a little spooky. It seems that it's  gotten way too much moisture there, and creepy fungus  and moss grows, and the garden spiders make their home there. I was going to show you a close up of one of the big ones, but you might really have night mares tonight!  So I was inspired to make this Halloween tag for you today. This was very hard to photograph, probably because all the shimmer, so in some photos, it's difficult to see the "spider web". Click on any photo for some great detail.




I cut a tag using Tim Holtz' Tag and Bookplates die out of manila card.  The background is made using Hickory Smoke Distress spray through Tim's Shatter Layering stencil (I knew this would be the perfect Halloween shade!), sprinkled with Perfect Pearls Powders, spritzed with water, then blended with Vintage Photo and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks.


I used Hickory Smoke Distress ink through Tim Holtz' Halloween Layering stencil and highlighted this with a Galaxy Marker.


The metal faucet handle is Tim Holtz Ideaology treated with Vintage Photo Crackle paint and Perfect Pearls Powders.



The drops are made using a Prima stencil, texture paste, UTEE, and Perfect Pearl powder.  The spiders and toadstool are from my stash, and I painted them with alcohol inks, Perfect Pearls Powder and Distress paints.Credits to my husband for cutting my toadstool in half so perfectly!




Not a stamp in sight and lots of ghoulish Halloween/fall colors!  I'm in my happy place! Here's another look at the tag.




I would like to enter this into the following inspirational challenges:

Try It On Tuesdays "Add Some Metal" I used a metal faucet handle and metallic colors throughout!
SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge "Tag It!"  So excited to be able to join in again!
Eclectic Ellapu Purple team Use Your Stash Which is 6 Months or Older Everything but Hickory Smoke and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks and spray used on tag is way over 6 months old! The Pearls are some of the first craft products I purchased, and the toadstool is from the 70's!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Love This Technique Stencils with spray, dusted with Perfect Pearls,and Grunge! Yippee; what could be better?
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Die Crazy Tim's Tag and Bookplates--a favorite!

Thank you for stopping by today, and for all your wonderful comments!   I read and appreciate each and every one of them!  If you would like to see some step by step instructions on how I got this texture and some new ways to incorporate Perfect Pearls Powders into your projects, be sure to stop back next week! Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily



50 comments:

  1. I had to stop in and see what new and amazing things you've been creating! Your Halloween tag is eerily beautiful!! The soft color palette contrasts perfectly with the spiders (which add just the right amount of creepy crawly)! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously spooky tag Sara Emily! Love the spiderweb and all the funky colors you used to create this crafting gem, but I am still so excited about my Halloween themed birthday card!!! XOXOXO
    Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great spooky tag, Sara Emily!

    The metal sheen to it is just perfect and goes so well with the faucet knob on top! Your tag looks like some forest ground and its "inhabitants" covered with morning dew...love this!

    Thank you for joining in again and sharing this fabulous tag with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spooky tag, love the colours and layout, thank you for joining us on TIOT challenge hugs Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This looks so gorgeous! I am thrilled about your fantastic tag!
    oxo
    Susi
    Thank you very much for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tag Sarah!! Wow, amazing colour combo and textures, - so beautiful!!

    Huge apologies for my lack of visits lately, but life keeps getting in the way......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a huge compliment coming from you; I just love your work--so inspiring!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous tag Sarah, love the shimmering background and all those creepy spiders.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous spooky tag Sara - such a wonderful mix of colours and I love the rusty texture on the steampunk wheel. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetheart, Jennie! Thank you for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  9. eewwwwwwwwwwww! I'm ascared!!!! teeheehee
    This is not scarry at all- it is totally a beautiful tag! You rock,SaraEmily!! I love the web and faucet,and drops and oh! That shroom- is just fab!! Beautifully done my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, you always put a HUGE Jodie Foster smile on my face! You made my day! Huge hugs!

      Delete
  10. Wooooow, Sara, what a gorgeous halloween themed tag you've created! Love every single detail here! That spider web is fantastic! Visiting your awesome blog is always a great pleasure for me! I am so inspired by your wonderful art, as usual!
    Lots of love to you, my dear! Branka xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Branka, I'm so happy you enjoy coming to my blog and that you liked my Halloween tag. Love and hugs to you, my friend!

      Delete
  11. Wow, look at all the details on this tag! Love that little mushroom
    Thanks for joining us at MMW
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love spiders and yours are a treasure to look at! I have worked on tarantulas before (their so soft, but not like a bunny)! Your tag is colored so awesomely and fantabulous dearie! That mushroom looks real! Now I have added another item to my wish list because of you, the spiderweb!!! Hehe! So many wonderful details to take it, I love that you love Halloween!!!! Got to get my thinking cap on for a spooky make! Hugz to you muffin!

    Thank youl ever so much for joining in our Tag It challenge at SanDee&Amelies Steampunk challenge! Hugz (again) ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS-I want to see the big spiders!!!!!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Punkin, I love that you love that I love Halloween! A tarantula! I draw the line! Can't wait to see your spooky make! And I think the Cracked stencil would be a good investment for you! I will e-mail a pic of my big gross garden guy soon! Big hugs to you, Niki!

      Delete
  13. Oh you have no idea how good it is to be here Sara, and this is just D.I.V.I.N.E. Those colours dancing and shimmering with the light are making me drool! I love how you do Halloween! Hands down you are the best!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh! What a pleasure to have you drop in, Georgie! Your lovely comments always make my day! You are so sweet! Good to see you in blog land, and yes, I understand! I get the same feeling when I go to the grocery store now and walk freely! Life is good when we get back into our groove! Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Just popping back to thank you for entering this over at Mixed Media World xx

      Delete
  14. Oh, I love your mixed media tag Sara! Fantastic background, spiders and of course I love little mushroom! Thank you for join us at Our Creative Corner and good luck!
    Best wishes from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ana! It really makes my day to see you here!

      Delete
  15. Spooky your spiders but in this friendly colors not to scary. Great Tag, I like it.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sabine...I'm glad the spiders are not too spooky!

      Delete
  16. this tag is awesome! It captures the feeling of fall, as well as a vibe of halloween!
    Thank you for joining Eclectic Ellapu's Purple Team challenge :)
    -Laila aka Koneko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laila! I'm so happy you like my tag!

      Delete
  17. That toadstool is epic!
    Just love your style, awesome xxx
    Thank you for joining up with us and we hope to see you next time at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very, very terrified of spiders and they look real!
    However the background on your tag is beyond gorgeous Sara!
    I must try this technique with DIPs and my Perfect Pearls. I have some TH Stains on the way and will try them out with this technique when they get here - I am too excited about getting some new stash lol!
    Now then Missy you made me cry! I am blessed to have found many lovely Blog buddies and many awesome artists who happily share their work and the techniques they use to create that awesome art. Thank you huni for your very sweet and very much appreciated comments, I think you are going to be one of my favourite artists and bloggers. Hope that foot heals soon Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Karen! You just made my day! I'm soooo happy I made my choice not to show you Mr. Huge Spider who lives back by the leaky faucet! You might never have visited my blog again! They are creepy but totally harmless...I hope! Thank you for your wishes; my big foot feels better every day! Big hugs!

      Delete
  19. Such a stunning tag!! I love the magical metallic background and all the little details.Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna-Karin; you put a big smile on my face!

      Delete
  20. bel effet ; merci à bientôt nate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow. Incredible textures here. And beautiful colours.:)

    P/s: I achieved the crackle effect on my canvas using Ranger Crackle Accents.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool spooky tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the shimmer and the spiders crawling around. The metal faucet handle ties right into your story. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A brilliant shimmering tag - just caught a glimpse of it in your ABC post, but it's fabulous to see it in more detail. Love the cobweb background, and the spooky spiders making their way up to the faucet... and I especially love that the whole thing kicked off from an actual faucet in your actual garden! Fab fungi too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply awesome! Spooky in pastel colours - now that I LOVE! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful -- I thought I left a comment before but I must not have - boo to me!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! This really is brilliant! You have made Halloween a little less macabre but still spooky enough to scare me - we have had loads of HUGE spiders in recently! Thank you for sharing this at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the shimmering background and the crackled embellishment. Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic tag!! The background rocks!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.