Thursday, March 8, 2018

Curiously Masculine with Baked Rusty Patina



Hello friends! I just can't stop playing with my new Baked Textures powders! I made this postcard sized well...uh...postcard with the current challenge at Country View challenges and a special blog friend in mind who appreciates my grungy style.



I made the background by embossing black card stock measuring exactly 6 x 4 inches with Tim's Blueprint embossing folder. I swiped it with a Versamark pad and dusted with Chunky Rust and Patina Oxide powders. After heating it to melt, I embossed it a second time and went back in and sanded to expose some of the raised areas. I embossed a scrap of more black card 3 more times and fussy cut the circles and keyhole. These were embossed with Patina Oxide and just a touch of Chunky Rust and a bit of Rocky Road on the keyhole as well. I melted Burnt Copper Leaves and Patina Oxide randomly on the edges of the postcard.



I used the same three powders on the Tim Holtz gear die cut and on the Chit Chat sticker, too. I sat my little man on the keyhole and splattered the card with watered down black gesso. I purposefully made my card completely flat for easy mailing since this will be jetting off across the pond. Of course, to make it an authentic postcard, I added some old designer paper from my stash to the back where I can write my message.



That's all for today! I hope you'll stop back on Saturday when I'll be here bright and early with some  mixed media samples from an easy technique I'll be sharing on the Frilly and Funkie blog. 

 I am sharing my postcard with these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Whatever The Weather This damp , gloomy weather we've been having is causing EVERYTHING  to rust!
Card Mania Challenge CMC#102 Embossing I heat and dry embossed.

Thank you for stopping by today and for all your wonderful comments. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave it in the comments section, and I will get back with you right away.

Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily





31 comments:

  1. Seeing this young man atop the keyhole just made me smile! I am always amazed by all the textures you create on your projects, Sara Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is spectacular, Sara Emily!! I just want to run my fingers over this to feel the amazing texture!! That adorable little guy sitting on the keyhole totally makes me smile!! This is stunning!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so great! I love how you added the vintage postcard back too. This has to be my new fav EF. Love seeing you rock it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I really love how you incorporated that sketch making the little boy sit on a circle. The colors are fabulous!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masculine card Sara Emily! Great texture and love that boy cutout.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love the rusty background and the boy sitting on the top of the keyhole is perfect. The back looks so authentic with the dp.
    Have a great weekend
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Your process sounds so fun... And the outcome is terrific and "curiously masculine!" 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. This postcard rocks!! Such a terrific texture and design, Sara :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your postcard Sara! I love the way you have worked those gorgeous Baked Textures with the embossed background. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your grungy style Postcard - Yummy and I have yet to try those special E.P's xx Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, love those rusty elements and the paperdoll sits perfectly. Wonderful postcard. Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this postcard Sara, the EF is gorgeous and I love the look of the Patina EP'd (my favourite) elements - very striking indeed! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome postcard, Sara Emily! I love your rusty background and how you've got that paper doll sitting atop the keyhole - so clever!! I love your use of the new baked textures! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sara Emily, I love your grungy textured background, and your chap looks perfectly at home here! Thanks so much for joining in with my postcard challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love your postcard Sara Emily! These embossing powders look gorgeous and I love the embossed background too. I fear, I will need these powders too ;-)
    Thank you for joining in our postcard challenge over at Country View Challenges!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the grungy style of your postcard with all the awesome texture. It's so cool! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, now here is a tute I can CASE almost verbatim! I don't have all the powder flavors but I can sub with what I do have. And I have that folder! Yay! Your card is so awesome somebody NEEDS to CASE it. I'll have to sacrifice myself, hahahaha. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome Mixed Media piece! Love the colours too. Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. https://welove2create.blogspot.nl/
    Your postcard is fabulous, love the texture thank you for sharing with the DT from WE Love To Create, hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous rusty background, Sara!!! Great technique!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't you just Adore the Burnt Copper Leaves powder?? MY favorite!
    Cool Card Sara Emily! You always make such cool pieces- why, you are a cool gal!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant, I love how you have used the sketch within your artwork. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merci d'avoir participer a notre défi SANDEE & AMELIE'S à bientôt Dt NATE

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous creation, love the awesome design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrapy Land! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful idea. love it
    thanks for showing us on Sandee and amelies steampunk challenge.
    hugs
    Alexa dt

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Sara Emily, I absolutely LOVE this post card! You sure have mastered how to use Seth's embossing powders! I have never thought to sand EP but it sure does give it a whole new element of grunge! What a lucky gentleman to be receiving such a card!!! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous postcard. The baked texture powers look amazing, I will add them to my very lengthy wish list! You have a very nice background set up for the photo of your project too, just thought I would mention that because it really is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning postcard! I love the baked texture powders that you used! I think I need them too! It is a perfect masculine postcard. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning textures on the background. Thank you for joining us at the HLS mixed Media Challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. So lovely artwork, I love colors and vintage mood :)
    Thanks for playing with us at CardMania Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful background, beautiful focal pieces, beautifully done! Love this postcard, Sara!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.